Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Brownies & Bed Rest

Today is day 15 of being on bed rest. FIFTEEN. I never thought I would make it this far.

I'm not going to sugar coat anything.  Bed rest is part torture, part healing. The thing I miss the most is holding William, swinging him around before plopping him on the bed for a tickle fest, and being in charge of my own kitchen.

I miss baking.

I bake all the time; brownies are my love language. The first thought I had on the drive home from the hospital two weeks ago was that I wouldn't be able to make William's second birthday cake. I'm not exaggerating when I say I cried over that. I was in such shock about my hot mess of a placenta that it took a few days for me to realize we were probably going to have a very premature baby. The sad cake thought occurred to me first.


But we like to laugh around here. Even in the hard times. I get my slightly dark sense of humor from my mother. She and my father have moved in to take over my house-running duties and caring for William for half of the week; my in-laws have moved in the other half of the week. My mom suggested that I give a Caregiver of the Week Award out each shift change day. Once I have chosen a suitable prize, I'm going to follow her advice. Most likely I will choose a mustache on a stick (see photo above).


William is doing really well. He thinks we're having a big, never-ending party because so many friends and family are here. He is in love with my parents' poodle, Cosette. 

I, on the other hand, am taking it day by day. 

We made it to day fifteen! Praise God, from whom all blessings flow.

1 comment:

  1. MB:

    It's Traci. Your email stalker! Ha!! I am so glad to hear that you and the baby are doing well. I was hoping to hear from you after your last ultrasound. Is everything looking good? If you want, you can email me directly if you don't want to post on here for the world to read. Take Care! You are ALL in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete