Monday, December 20, 2010

A Real Life Baby Bear

Growing up, my mom used to tuck my sisters and me in each night and we would pray together. She taught us that God would always answer our prayers.  Knowing that she told us the truth, I started praying that God would send me a LIVE teddy bear to raise. In hindsight, maybe I wasn't the smartest 5 year old on the block. I was convinced it was going to happen; I remember persistently searching our back yard and under the deck, expecting to find a small, crying teddy bear with its arms outstretched to me. It would instantly know that I would be its mother.

A couple of weeks ago, my mom bought William a new winter coat (his FIRST winter coat), and when I get him dressed, I can't help but think that God really did answer my little girl prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment