Monday, May 2, 2011

This Weekend

It was just us this weekend. The three of us (four, if you can't those living in the womb, too). It was so nice not to have plans and just be a family. Normally, I go crazy without plans...it's a character flaw I struggle with, always needing a project or a party.

But this weekend was so peaceful. I am always praying for peace in our home. I think it's one of the most amazing things you can have. I'm not talking about the "peace and quiet" kind of peace. I'm talking about the peace that you feel when you step inside a home where things are in harmony. It's hard to explain, but I have a feeling you know what I'm talking about.
Here's a random picture and tidbit for you. Did you know you can add 1/4 cup of whole oats (the old-fashioned Quaker kind) to a smoothie for a serving of whole grains? Totally undetectable after you blend them in.
We keep this thing up all the time, just in case. I used to think these signs were crazy. Can't these people's kids sleep through a ringing doorbell? Come on. But then I had a child and realized a very valuable lesson: if you don't have kids, you probably don't know what you're talking about.
I fell victim to the marketing ploy of a cute little bag of dried spices called "Midnight Sauce" at Central Market. It was $5. Five dollars I will never see again. There were so many red pepper flakes that I had to add cream to mute the heat, which largely defeated the purpose of making a very healthy vegetable lasagna in the first place.

Oh, well. You can't win 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment