Thursday, September 8, 2011

Running with William

I've been running with William every other morning for the past three months. It's part of our routine now, and he willingly lunges for his crib as soon as the run is finished. He knows that it's time for a nap before the rest of the day begins. It's definitely harder running with a jogging stroller, but in a way it's so much more motivating. I feel like with every step I'm showing him that mommies can run, too, and run fast, and run for a long time. William is so FUN. He wants to run and throw things and fall down. He is utterly unconcerned with getting dirt under his toenails. I used to think that having a boy might mean that I'd spend a lot of time watching from the sidelines, but that's not the case at all. I'm learning to be athletic and more daring and less concerned with appearances all the time. Today was the third day in a row I didn't blow-dry my hair. That's kind of a big deal, y'all.

This is an iphone picture I took on Saturday after he fell asleep while I ran.
This is the only time he's ever fallen asleep on a run. I think it may have been a direct result of eating his daddy's whole wheat waffles earlier in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment