Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Joy in the Making

Guys, thank you for praying for us. Our little baby died. I had a miscarriage. Don and I have felt such amazing peace and quiet in our hearts that we know it can only come from God. I'm doing BSF for the first time this year, and part of my homework last week was to list the biblical names of Christ. In Acts 3:15 He is called "the author of life." What an amazing comfort this has been to me: what I might see as the meaningless loss of our little life is actually the ordained life and death of a child created by the author of all life. This little life was intentional, had a purpose, has met his or her maker.

Our tears? We are letting them fall, but we are buoyed along by joy. I didn't know it was possible, but it is. We are comforted in our grief.

"While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, 'Who knows? The Lord may be gracious to me and let the child live.' But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he may not return to me." 2 Samuel 13: 22-23

1 comment:

  1. oh, mary beth. i'm so sorry. i've been praying for you and wanting to ask but decided to wait until you were ready to share.

    last year i learned the concept of not letting suffering be wasted on us. we suffer. but we know Him better because of it.

    praying for you.

    ReplyDelete