Monday, October 10, 2011

Recipe Sharing: Vegetarian Korma

Last week, on the day that we learned things weren't looking hopeful for the little baby I'm carrying, Brandi showed up on my front porch with a pitcher of ice cold sweet tea and a massive container of herbed basmati rice and vegetarian korma. "I made you something healthy," she said. It was so encouraging to me. 

It was delicious. It's a little hard to photograph since it's composed of tiny diced veggies, but it has so much flavor. She shared the recipe with me and I made it for our dinner (supper, if you live in the south and talk like it) tonight. I chopped the veggies during William's morning nap and then put everything on to simmer about 30 minutes before it was time to eat. This is my new favorite. 

The recipe is from allrecipes.com and can be found here.  Per Brandi's recommendation, I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil and half and half instead of heavy cream. I also needed to use a full 8 oz. of tomato sauce to get the consistency I wanted, and I am pretty sure this is a big leap, but I added a bay leaf to the simmering sauce (don't forget to remove it before serving). Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment