Monday, October 10, 2011

Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving (Just keep repeating it until it's true!)



Not me (whew!), but my husband. He's 30! I'm sure he won't mind my telling the interwebs. This is still ridiculously young. There's so much I love about my husband that it would be a little nauseating if I listed things out in a blog post, but I will say that he does his best to lead our family both in prayer to God and recognition of God's grace, which makes my heart overflow. And he prioritizes his role as a father. And he works two physical therapy jobs because that's how we can make this stay-at-home mom thing work. And even after coming home from seeing home health patients after a full day working at the hospital, getting stuck in the nightmare of gridlock that is Austin traffic, and having to see a lot of sadness and hurting throughout the day, he bursts through the door of our home with a huge smile for us, open arms for us, and some shoulder rides for William. And it's Don who bathes William every night, gets him situated in his glow-in-the-dark dinosaur jammies, and reads him Big Red Barn seven times. It's Don who usually lays him down in his crib, puts his hand on our son's forehead, and prays over him. And now that I've been annoying and listed things out, I have to say that my husband is genuinely the wittiest and funniest man I have ever met, and he makes me laugh so hard I can't breathe at least every other day. That's saying a lot. I love him, and regardless of whether I attended a conference on a possible cure for Alzheimer's Disease all day or spent 10 hours playing with a one-year-old, the highlight of my day is seeing Don walk through the front door to our home.

2 comments:

  1. Who's fingerprint is in the cake? It looks sooo yummy ;) and is William laughing at Collette (sp?)...that's a priceless pic. Also happy birthday don!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even notice that fingerprint! I'm going to assume Don did that, since William was not allowed near the cake before it was time to eat it, and I definitely didn't do it. :)

    ReplyDelete