Monday, August 8, 2011

Cheap Thrills

Happy Monday! Today I decided to face my oilcloth fear head on. I've wanted to sew with oilcloth forever but I've been intimidated. I don't know why. I finally bought some from the Stitch Lab this weekend and planned on making a sippy cup case, but I got sidetracked. I love using journals and notebooks, and I bought this journal when Borders was closing down. The price was right, but the cupcakes? Not so right.
I used Prudent Baby's tutorial for sewing an oilcloth cover for a book. Okay, so I am actually too lazy to use the tutorial, but I did read the tutorial before just sewing a cover together. Her's looks much better, so you should definitely use her tutorial. In the future, I will do the same. However, I'm pretty happy with my waterproof new book jacket.

I'm not really sure why I need a water-proof journal, but I'm happy that I have this. If you're the kind of person who needs things to be sensible, you could make one of these for a cook book.

I found this lunch case on clearance at Target. At $9.99, I thought it was a reasonably good price, but then I rationalized that I could use it for sewing supplies, make-up, or its intended use as a lunch box. So, really, it's like paying $3 each for a sewing basket, a make-up bag, and a lunch box. What a steal. :) I just love thrills on the cheap.

1 comment: