Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cheap Thrills: Make-up, Best Fall Breakfast, and Flying Pigs

Sometimes I buy something and I think it works so wonderfully well that I need to tell you about it.

Like this.

It's part of my personal routine to always, always, always do my hair and make-up, come hell or high water. I was raised by a southern woman, and this is how we roll. This Clinique lid smoothie goes on a little shiny, but your eye shadow can either tone that down or play it up. My eye make-up stays on from 6 am until 9 pm, really and truly. This is hands down the best eye primer I have ever used, and a little goes a long way.

Cheap thrill number 2: quick cooking five grains. This is a cheap thrill if you like eating whole grains for breakfast. I love these things! Italian farro, barley, brown rice, kamut wheat, and oats. These are nutty and chewy, and I sprinkle them with cinnamon, a tiny bit of sugar and salt, a splash of half and half, slivered almonds, and dried cranberries, and it makes a warm steamy breakfast bowl fit for a Charles Dickens novel. Seriously. William eats it up. I think this comes out to less than 50 cents per bowlful.



Finally, last night I went to Hobby Lobby to buy some gold craft paint, and I ended up coming home with these guys.

I am a little bit scared of the pigs in the middle.

They're Christmas ornaments and were half off. These little guys were less than $2 each, and I grabbed them! I can't really see them gracing our Christmas tree, but I've wanted to make tiny flying pigs to hang in William's room forever. Is it just me or does the pig on the far left look like he's pleading with me to save him from the three creepy pigs in the middle?

Have you found anything cheap and wonderful lately?

2 comments:

  1. Umm, those three pigs in the middle are just begging to be dissected, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I recognized these pigs from somewhere! High school biology class.

    ReplyDelete