Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Life Goes On

I know I talk about it a lot. More in these journalistic posts than in real life. Violet. I can't help it. I know about choosing joy when I am given the choice, and I know about seeing God in all that is around me. But I have to say: there are times when a beautiful sunset cannot touch your hurting. I don't think God intends it to. We aren't supposed to be fully satisfied on earth, because it cannot be all-satisfying.
Today would have been her birth day, had she not been miscarried. Last night, I felt sad that I didn't give birth to her alive, and Don reminded me, "You did give birth to her, MB, and she was born straight into the kingdom of God." 

And she was! That is something that has gotten me though this day. That and being with family and friends and my sweet boys. And grace. Lots of grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment