Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chalkboard Madness: How to Track Baby Food


I'm a fan of chalkboards. I loved them when I was little, and I love them now that I'm big. Or medium. Whatever.

I made this huge chalkboard last year and we use it in the kitchen to write down Bible verses we're trying to memorize and notes to each other. I can see William using it as an easel once he can actually hold a piece of chalk. And stand. And wants to draw. 

But the point is that I love chalkboards because they're practical, too. I bought this massive roll of chalkboard paper at Michael's yesterday. The back is a sticker so you can just cut the size you need and slap it onto the surface of your choice. 


I chose to cut a big piece to stick on our freezer door, since I am forever standing with the door open trying to figure out how many cubes of baby food I have left and which foods I need to use up. Now I can just write the foods that we have and keep tabs of William's baby food this way. I love it.


I also love this chalk pen from Michael's. Amazing. If you're OCD like me and actually care if your handwriting looks decent on a chalkboard, then this pen will speak to your soul. If you don't care about such things, then you will probably be saddened to know that the pen costs about $3, but they only sell the pen in packs of 4, so you'll have to spend $12 to have pretty handwriting on your new chalkboard.  Ridiculous, I know.

On a side note, if you spend time in our home, you may have wondered why we have "Deuteronomy 6: 4-9" written all over the place...in cabinet doors, on mirrors, on our fridge, and now on BOTH chalkboards in our kitchen. When we learned I was pregnant, we knew the single most important task we'd have as parents would be to raise a child who knew Christ. These verses are such solid, practical advice on how to do that. Just TALK about Christ, as much as you can, every day, throughout the day. We fail a lot of the time, but this verse is our goal as parents.

"Hear, O Israel, the Lord is our God. The Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your home and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6: 4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment