Thursday, February 24, 2011

Keep Calm and Craft On

What is it with my family and taking on hats?  I mentioned yesterday that I started knitting a hat for William for next winter.  The good news is that I finished the hat, and it only took me a couple of hours from start to finish!  The bad news is that I made a few mistakes.


 Above is a picture of Don wearing the hat. He let me stick it on his head so that I could try to figure out how to fix it. It was late, and patience is not one of my virtues. I ended up using my sewing machine and white thread (my judgment dissipates as the night wears on) to sew a straight seam through the hole to seal it up.


Here's a picture of William wearing the hat this morning. I lifted the shadows out of the photo so that I could show you the detail. See those slanted knit rows on the brim? They were supposed to be straight! At least I was consistently crooked. And yes, I let William use my iphone as a teething toy. Those Otter cases are genius!


Oh, well, little one. I tried to knit a hat for you. Just like I try to take pictures of you and me, and all you can see is the camera covering our faces. The point is that I try, right? It was my first attempt, so it's okay that it didn't really work out. I'll try to knit another one that actually fits and doesn't require the use of a sewing machine. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I still have the Otter case for that piece of crap Hero phone I returned. William is more than welcome to chew his heart out on it. It would actually fill my heart with joy to see it put to use and ruined in such a way. :)

    ReplyDelete