Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day!

We don't get snow in Austin very often, so today is a very special day. I was up at 4:15 this morning and opened the front door and felt like a 10-year-old again. I was so thrilled to see the snow powder covering our front rockers and porch that I woke up Don and we both stood in our pjs on the front porch, marveling like a bunch of silly southerners. William, today was your first snow day! I'm so happy Don was already scheduled to be off of work today.

Doesn't he look just like Randy, Ralphy's kid brother? "I can't get up! I can't get up! Ralphy!"

Little birdie prints in the snow by our garage. Let's just hope we don't find a frozen little birdie later...

Cutest snow baby ever. He kept sticking his tongue out to feel the cold air!



This is one time when failing to prune the crepe myrtles by the end of January was a good thing.

Feeling Mommy's face, his new favorite past time.

Runny nose, time to go inside!

I sewed these mittens for William last night because we knew it would snow today. 

Building a snowman with powder is hard. We settled for a snow face instead.

Little legs warming up inside. He's now taking a nap to recuperate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment