Monday, January 10, 2011

The Saddest Thing I Ever Saw in My Own Kitchen

(I wrote this last night.)

Today started out normally. Me saying I would make breakfast tacos and salsa, and then changing William's diaper, and then nursing him, and then starting a load of clothes, and then walking into the kitchen 45 minutes later to find Don pouring himself some stale granola from Christmas to eat for breakfast. You know. The usual.

























But then Don started getting sickly...fatigue, flushed, achy.  So I made him soup for dinner. Spicy, stick to your ribs, cleans out your nasal sinuses but still tastes yummy soup. Don likes heat, so this pot of soup was one hot sucker. I'm not kidding. I had to have some avocado and grated cheese in each bite because it was just too spicy.

























By 8 pm, Don had a fever and was laying on the couch with three blankets draped over him. Now it's midnight and he's in bed, and instead of going to sleep like a reasonable person, I am up online googling whether or not it's safe to sleep in the same bed with someone who has the flu, and taking self-portraits in a can of diet coke. Worse...I have been taking swigs from this diet coke and I don't even know whose it is. And we had visitors today.





























So, I was just about to shut down my laptop and head to bed when I looked up and realized I never cleaned the soup pot. And now, THIS is waiting for me. This is dried cheese and chilies, people. Blugh.



Here's hoping for a healthier tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment